Thursday, October 25, 2012

Solitude...of sorts...


I couldn't wait to get outside with my camera today.  After literally watching the weather change...the cold air got my creative juices flowin'!

I tried my best to remain engaged throughout homeschool lessons, but truth be told, I found myself with my nose squished against the fogging glass more than once...

As soon as the last question was answered, I threw on a coat, grabbed my camera and ran.  A few moments of solitude...alone time with the not-so-silent wind through the tall grass...

...I admit it.  I ran for the hills without looking back and as I celebrated my momentary freedom...

...I heard footsteps.  Two sets of footsteps.

I turned around to find two bundled little faces with big grins.

"Where are ya goin', Mom?"

<sigh>

So...completely unable to waste those grins, I grabbed each kiddo by the arm, whistled for Chloe and off we went.

The trip was a complete success!  I got to reconnect with nature, feel the chill in the air that I've been anticipating for months, and even got to wipe my runny nose on my sleeve a couple of times...but in the end...

it was the company that made it.

Wishing you all the warm and fuzzy feelings I've had so many times today! :)

More great pics to follow!!
Onward and Forward!!

1 comment:

  1. i'm not sure we'll ever get a moments peace again. :)

    lovin' this weather too!!

    ReplyDelete