Friday, February 8, 2013

Weight Loss

This has been a big week for me...I've lost a ton of weight!!

No...my clothes aren't fitting any differently and I'm not counting calories anymore.  But I feel so much lighter and freer all the same.

I've wrestled for several years now with a calling, a voice in my heart and my soul that was asking me to change...to be more...to go places and do things I hadn't been able to do because of my own insecurity and fears, to trust and to believe without overthinking...to let go...

...and I hadn't been able to do it.  Most of the time I argued with that voice and I pushed it away.  Other times I re-read the invitation and pondered it a bit...of course, doing what I do best, reading and researching; trying to validate and explain and find a way to make my mind accept.

I was unsuccessful for years.

I was afraid others that I loved dearly would judge me.

I was convinced that I could never live up to the expectations placed on me.

I was terrified of giving up my control...

and I felt heavy.   I felt tired. 

Until...finally...I gave in.  I gave up.  And I lost.

And in doing so, I've finally been able to receive and accept the most amazing gift I have ever gotten...or ever will again...for all of eternity...salvation.

With His unending help, I've shed the weight of the fear I had of my own brokenness.  I have lost the desire to control the things I have no power over.  I am free of the temptation to explain away my faith for fear, or for discomfort...

AND I WANT TO SHOUT IT TO THE WORLD!!!  :)  (Joy is good like that, isn't it?!)

...am I suddenly perfect?  Far from it!! Will I never be afraid, or doubtful, or angry again??  In all honesty, I know that's not true now more than ever.

But I am truly ready to say that...

I believe the truth that the Lord Jesus Christ is my Savior and I am ready to LIVE like I MEAN it!

"For I am not ashamed of the good news about Christ.  It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes." Romans 1:16 (NLT)

I believe.

And I feel as light as air because of it... 

Onward and Forward!!



No comments:

Post a Comment