Saturday, March 9, 2013

Planning...His way...

The kids are with their Dad roaming the woods today while I plot out the lessons for the next week. There is blessed quiet time for me to listen for and to ponder the plan that God has set in my heart for theirs...

But, I find my mind - and my heart - wandering...

How I thank the Lord daily that I found such an amazing man and role model for our girls.  They have already relocated huge tadpoles from a distant pond to the one right by the house in anticipation of future bullfrog adventures amidst the moonlight of warm summer nights to come...

...and have rodeo-ed with the new heifer to find a way to get her velvet-brown week old calf into a safe corner for cooing and petting on. Mission was accomplished with minimal casualty...momma even now chews contentedly on her hay.

And now they are rock climbing on a boulder that could have only been put where it rests by the very hand of God himself...massive, moss-covered, slick...the "girly-squeal" emitting kind when footing gets lost and the distance to the cold stream below is suddenly covered in an instant - only to be halted by that same Hand that created the moment.

The sounds of their homecoming are loud and joyful in the garage - so, my task, though seemingly incomplete has, for now, been finished in a plan book kept by Someone else...and I am glad to be able to join in the noshing of the hungry, happy below.





No comments:

Post a Comment